Studies have shown that regular InfraRed Sauna use boosts your immune system functions as it stimulates stagnant fluids in the body, while releasing those old, funky toxins.
Benefits of Far Infrared Sauna
Unlike a traditional steam sauna you might see at your gym, our sauna uses far infrared light (not to be confused with UV light, which is something completely different). Far infrared light is safe for the human body and penetrates up to three inches deep. This allows it to get all the way to the fatty layer — assisting with shedding toxins, cellulite and heavy metals from the body.
Infrared saunas have been featured in many recent studies, news articles and even on the Doctor Oz Show. Although sauna usage is quite common in Europe, it is only just now starting to pick up here in the United States. Luckily, many massage therapists, lymphatic therapists, and other healthcare professionals are now starting to recommend usage of the infrared sauna to treat a number of health conditions and produce many benefits within the body, including but not limited to…
- Shed toxins
- Reduce cellulite
- Eliminate heavy metals from the body
- Stimulate stagnant fluids
- Improve immune system functions
- Release toxins from the body
- Boost your mood
- Improve cardiovascular function
- Boost metabolism
- …and more…
And let’s not forget about fascia. Fascia is our conductor of all electrical impulses in the body. It’s the super highway of the human body and it needs to be flexible, warm and hydrated to work well. The far infrared sauna definitely helps out with all of these things! This is why it’s great to hop in the sauna before or after a nice massage.
Infrared Sauna as a Whole Body Detox
Using the infrared sauna increases metabolism, detoxes the body and gives us that nice healthy glow by “cleaning the fish bowl”. (Yes, I stole that awesome quote from my brother and experienced lymphatic therapist, Matthew Higdon.)
The Infrared light acts as a catalyst in the lymphatic system aka our water stystem, helping to flush out those stagnant, murky waters that may have collected from environmental factors, lack of movement, bad moods (yes, your mood effects your body’s water system!), injuries, illness and more.
The bottom line: our bodies want to be in balance.
In other words, we want to feel good. The infrared sauna is a nice little helper to get there, gently taking our bodies back to homeostasis.
- Drink water before and after sauna usage.
- Move around inside the sauna. Feel free to do some gentle stretching.
- Enjoy your time in the sauna. Thank yourself for taking a few minutes out of your busy day for some self care. Again, your mood effects your water body (70% of you!) so be sure to get your self in a happy place during your session!
- We recommend meditating in the sauna (we’ll even provide meditation music for you!) or you can sit in silence and meditate. Our sauna also includes a CD player and a radio, so you can feel free to sing a song, or read a pleasant book or magazine, and enjoy this time to yourself.
- Our sauna seats two people, so feel free to bring a friend! (Or just sit in there by yourself. There will never be anyone else in the sauna with you unless you invite them yourself.)
- Need help relaxing or healing? Each infrared sauna visit at Centered includes FREE aromatherapy. Just ask us at the front desk. We have a wide variety of essential oils to choose from and can treat many health conditions, whether physical, mental or emotional.